The scene of the fire (Photo: VNA)
HCM City (VNA) – A huge fire blazed in a house in Ho Chi Minh City in early morning on December 16, killing six people, including a five-member family, and injuring five others.

Local authorities said that locals discovered smokes from the ground floor of the two-storey house at Le Van Sy street, ward 12 in District 3, and tried to alert people inside, but they failed as the victims were sleeping while the door was locked.

The injured, including a fire rescuer, were sent to hospitals for treatment.

The house, owned by Nguyen Ngoc Thong, was rent by Tran Anh Thang, born in 1969 in the northern province of Bac Giang, for a coffee shop and accommodation of Thang’s family and four others who are hired to serve in the shop. Thang, his wife, his three children and his niece could not escaped from the fire.

According to Doan Van Chon, Vice Director of the Fire Prevention and Rescue Police Department of Ho Chi Minh City, the police are investigating the case to find out reason of the fire.

He also warned of fire risk in houses that used as both business and living space, adding that the police have been inspecting fire safety in such facilities.

Local officials have also visited the injured people at hospital, while supporting the family of the dead victims with 10 million VND each.-VNA