Advanced Cho Ray cancer centre to be developed hinh anh 1Illustration photo. (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – The Prime Minister has recently determined a financial mechanism for a project to improve the technical capacity of the Tumor Centre at Cho Ray Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City.

Accordingly, the PM agreed that the State budget will cover 95 percent of the project’s total investment capital and the remaining 5 percent will be re-loaned from the Austrian Government’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) with re-lending terms.

The project will equip the Cho Ray Tumor Centre with the latest cutting-edge technologies and medical equipment, and technicians’ training that will help it keep pace with similar advanced centres in Asia and globally.

Inaugurated on April 30, 2015, with a capital investment of 428 billion VND (20 million USD), the centre has 14 floors and contains 250 patient beds.-VNA