Hoi An authorities have opened a temple complex built in 1626 to the public. (Photo: tuoitrenews.vn)

Hanoi (VNA) - Hoi An city, the central province of Quang Nam, opened a temple complex first built in 1626 to the public for visits in early December.

The Tam Quan Gate, or three-entrance gate, is part of a complex known by locals as Ba Mu Temple on the city’s Hai Ba Trung street in Hoi An city.

Tam Quan Gate is an entrance gate with classical Vietnamnese style of architecture often seen in front of pagodas and temples.

The temple complex was built in 1626 at a different location in feudal Vietnam and then moved to the present position.

Major restorations were done in 1848 and 1922 to the structure, which was once considered one of the most beautiful in Hoi An.

The local government spent over 5.3 billion VND (228,000 USD) on restoring the gate and landscaping the complex, which now has electric lighting, a pool, flower beds arranged in patterns, and paths for strolls flanked by lawns.

The gate was restored to its original beauty with elaborate designs. – VNA