At the meeting (Source: VNA)
 
Hanoi (VNA) - Twenty-seven construction works that were illegally built on protective forest land in Hanoi city’s Soc Son district over the past two years must be dismantled by December.

The projects include houses, villas and even an eco-tourism area with a swimming pool, stilt houses and concrete roads.

Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung said at a meeting on October 30 that the city’s agriculture department and Soc Son district’s People’s Committee must contact the owners and tell them to take the buildings down.

If the owners refuse to comply, local authorities will move in and dismantle them in December, Chung said.

He said that the city had told district construction inspectors to deal with the violations, but they had been unsuccessful.

The chairman said the cooperation between agencies and departments had also failed to address the issue.

The violations were detected in Minh Phu and Minh Tri communes, and since then the chairman of Minh Phu commune’s People’s Committee has been suspended for 30 days for alleged involvement in land use and construction violations.

After local media reported rampant land use violations and construction in the two communes, Hanoi authorities were prompted to examine the land use, land management and construction licences granted there.-VNA