One of the eight important solutions that central Ninh Thuan Province People’s Committee has applied to better implement the master plan on provincial socio-economic development until 2020 with a vision towards 2030 is to enhance training of human resources, reports the Vietnam Economic News Online.

Approximately 9,000 employees are trained annually.

According to statistics from the Ninh Thuan Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, currently there are 18 vocational training institutions across the province, including 12 public and six private. Each year, about 9,000 employees in the province are trained in working skills at all levels.

This year, Ninh Thuan will complete its long-term training plan for 1,000 workers at vocational school and college levels, and also the short-term training plan for 8,500 workers (including 4,000 rural workers). It is expected that 70 percent of the trainees can find employments after taking the courses.

There are 293 teachers at vocational training institutions in the province, most of them trained in vocational colleges, technical universities, and pedagogy. To meet the demands, over the last few years, a number of provincial vocational training institutions have conducted joint training with vocational schools and colleges outside the province such as those of Nha Trang and Da Lat.

Ninh Thuan has also devoted considerable resources to the vocational training project for rural workers until 2020. During the 2010-2012 period, the province spent 53.6 billion VND on vocational training for 12,274 rural workers.

The workforce for every industry is being prepared.

Seeing that high-quality human resources are a key element to help Ninh Thuan achieve its provincial industrial development goals until 2020, the province is currently developing plans to prepare human resources for its six pillar industries.

Specifically, Ninh Thuan will prioritise training activities in electricity, engineering, electronics, manufacturing, and clean energy development. In addition, it will also focus on training managers, tourism staff, scientific and technical workers, and industrially skilled workers. The province has had human resources training plans for two nuclear power plants in the locality, including training 2,750 nuclear power professionals and 5,250 employees.

The total number of employees trained for the six industries would reach around 129,000 by 2015, accounting for 44.6 percent of the total number of employees working in the province; and around 201,000 by 2020, accounting for 56.4 percent.

To achieve these goals, Ninh Thuan will promote the role of human resources for local socioeconomic development and mobilise local organisations and businesses to participate in provincial human resources development programmes. It is estimated that the province will need a total investment for training until 2020 of 17 trillion VND; of which about 20 percent will be funded by the state budget and the remaining 80 percent from other private resources.

In addition, Ninh Thuan will also implement incentives to attract skilled workers, develop teams of qualified teachers, make adequate investment for infrastructure and equipment for vocational training, strengthen the link between the management agencies and vocational training institutions, employers, employees, and training providers to ensure that the training supply and demand will meet.-VNA