Public non-business units slow to change Business

Public non-business units slow to change

To improve the quality of public products and services, the Government in June 2015 issued a decision to transform public non-business organisations into joint-stock businesses.
Hanoi satellite urban areas take slow formation Society

Hanoi satellite urban areas take slow formation

Planning for five satellite urban areas in Hanoi, which is expected to help reduce the overloading of the urban centre, lags behind schedule, the municipal Department of Planning and Architecture has said.
Japanese organisation willing to fund Hanoi river clean-up Environment

Japanese organisation willing to fund Hanoi river clean-up

The Japan Environment and Business Organisation (JEBO) has said it is willing to pay all costs to clean the heavily polluted To Lich River and West Lake in Hanoi following a remark by an environment official saying the firm's sewage treatment technology had failed.
Housing for workers: only one drop in ocean Society

Housing for workers: only one drop in ocean

Available social housing at present can provide stable accommodation for only about 28 percent of workers nationwide, which means the remaining 72 percent still have to rent rooms of private owners.
Can Tho city, Hungary foster cooperative relations Politics

Can Tho city, Hungary foster cooperative relations

Leaders of Can Tho had a meeting with Hungarian Ambassador Ory Csaba on October 2 to discuss a Hungary-funded hospital project and the organisation of the European nation’s culture days in the Mekong Delta city.
Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant inaugurated Business

Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant inaugurated

The Vinh Tan 4 thermal power plant, an urgent project helping to ease the electricity shortage in the southern region, was officially inaugurated in the south central province of Binh Thuan on September 21.
Hanoi plans solutions to increase public transport use Society

Hanoi plans solutions to increase public transport use

Authorities in Hanoi have announced a plan to charge vehicles in downtown areas to increase the use of public transport, according to a decision signed by Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung recently.
HCM City to facilitate investors in Thu Thiem Business

HCM City to facilitate investors in Thu Thiem

The Ho Chi Minh City authorities have asked for permission from the Prime Minister to create favourable conditions for investors in the city’s Thu Thiem new urban area in District 2 to ensure continued construction progress.