An injured victim in the blast is being transported to the hospital. (Source: AFP/VNA)

Bangkok (VNA) - A Thai military court on August 16 issued an arrest warrant for a second suspect in connection with the series of bomb attacks in seven southern provinces of the country last week, killing four people and injuring a dozen others.

The police on August 14 arrested a suspect in relation to the case.

According to Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, it is likely that insurgents in the southern areas were hired to carry out the deadly blasts but the attacks were not an extension of the separatist war in the kingdom’s three southern-most Muslim-dominated provinces.

Meanwhile, Royal Thai Police Chief Chakthip Chaijinda said the bomb attacks could be acts of resistance by elements who are against the draft constitution.

Local authorities said the subjects have not crossed the border and are offering a reward of 200,000 baht (5,760 USD) for anyone providing information to help the police arrest them.-VNA