Japan's Maruichi Sun Steel Joint Stock Company opened a new steel factory on a 30-ha land lot in Di An district, the southern province of Binh Duong on December 3.

This CGL&CCL plant has a total investment of 100 million USD, with the dominant stake owned by the Japanese Maruichi Group.

The new factory has a monthly production capacity of 32,000 tonnes of products, including aluminum and zinc-coated steel coil, hot-dip zinc-coated steel coil, galvanised hot-dip aluminium and zinc.

Some 70 percent of the output will be exported, and the remaining 30 percent will be sold in the local market.

The company was established in 1996 and its first plant began operating in 1997 in Binh Duong with an investment of 130 million USD, providing 600 jobs. The first factory produces steel pipes, steel wire, steel sheets, galvanized steel tubes, and stainless steel tubes.

Its products are sold in Vietnam and demanding markets including Canada, the US and Australia.-VNA