Number of COVID-19 cases remains at 268 as of April 17 morning hinh anh 1Samples are tested at the disease control centre of Da Nang city (Photo: VNA)

Hanoi (VNA) – The number of COVID-19 patients in Vietnam remains at 268 as there were no new cases reported overnight, the national steering committee for the coronavirus prevention and control said on April 17 morning.

Among the total, 160 or 59.7 percent are imported cases while the remaining 108 cases, 40.3 percent, contracted SARS-CoV-2 from other patients in the community.

As many as 177 patients have fully recovered.

An additional 14 people under treatment at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi are expected to be given the all-clear on April 17, according to the committee.

Of the 91 patients currently in hospital, 14 have tested negative once and 19 others twice.

Meanwhile, the three patients in critical conditions, which are cases No. 19, 91 and 161, are showing signs of improvement./.