Six Vietnamese companies are showcasing their products at the Singapore Gifts & Premiums Fair 2014 held at the Marina Bay Sands, Expo and Convention Centre from July 16-18.

At the Vietnam Pavilion, the Tu Duy Handicraft Co. Ltd. from Ho Chi Minh City displays accessories made from horns and clam shells; the Bobi Craft Co. Ltd, stuffed toys, paper bags, wool and yarn gifts and toys; and the Viet Mano Co. Ltd, rice paintings.

The three companies participated in previous fairs and won orders from many Singapore and foreign companies.

Bringing their products to Singapore for the first time are the Huong Tram Co. Ltd. from Quang Nam province, the Nha Trang Shenfa Agarwood Company from Dang Nang city and the Global Links Asia Co. Ltd. from Ho Chi Minh City. They all want to expand their overseas markets beyond China, Thailand and so on.

According to Elaine Chia, Director of BizLink Exhibition Services Pte Ltd., this year’s Gifts & Premiums Fair, the 15th so far, has 165 participants with 52 percent from Singapore and remaining 48 percent being overseas from 23 countries and territories. There are six pavilions of China, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam.

Also inaugurated on the day is the Office Expo Asia (OEA), which was launched last year to meet the demand for holistic office solutions. Bkav is the only one Vietnamese company taking part in this year’s OEA.

Bkav is showcasing its newly launched SmartHome System, which helps in home monitoring and controlling via mobile, laptops, etc. with wifi, 3G, SMS, GPRS connection.

Bkav SmartHome System will be installed for some condo units in Singapore later this year and the corporation hopes to receive more orders from Singaporean homes in the near future.-VNA