The Ministry of Public Security and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued Joint Circular No 01/2012/TTLT-BCA-BNG on January 3, clarifying regulations and procedures for foreigners seeking a temporary residence card (TRC).

Accordingly, foreigners applying for a TRC shall submit a dossier to the Immigration Department or Police Immigration Office at the provincial level.

The dossier must include: Application for TRC (Form No N7A); information document of the foreigner requesting TRC (Form No N7B); passport; and documents proving the purpose of residing in Vietnam , e.g., a work permit, certification as the head of a representative office, member of a board of management, or other equivalent documents.

A TRC shall be granted for each individual under Form N8 attached to the joint circular. The joint circular takes effects 45 days from the date of signing./.