Prayers for ill-fated victims of MH370 (Source: AFP)
 
Hanoi (VNA) – Malaysia will release a investigation report on the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 on July 30, the country’s Ministry of Transport announced on July 20.

The investigation team will first brief the families of victims on the report, with a press conference to follow, Malaysian Minister of Transport Anthony Loke said in the announcement.

Every word recorded by the investigation team will be fully tabled in the report, without any edits, additions, or redactions, so as to ensure its transparency, he stated, adding that the report will be published online for the public and international organisations to gain access.

Voice 370, a group representing the victims’ relatives, has previously urged the government of Malaysia to conduct a review of the flight, including any possible falsification or elimination of records related to MH370 and its maintenance.

On May 29, US technology company Ocean Infinity ended searches for Malaysia Airlines flight 370, which was believed to have been lost in the Indian Ocean since its disappearance in 2014.

The company carried out a three-month search in a massive swathe of seabed measuring 112,000sq.km, four times larger than the area experts believe the flight had crashed. It was the latest move in attempts to find out what had happened in the mysterious incident.

The Boeing 777 vanished on March 8, 2014 while flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, Chiana, with 239 people on board.

Shortly after the incident, the largest search in the history of aviation was conducted around 120,000 sq.km in the Indian Ocean, led by Australia with the engagement of China and Malaysia.

The campaign, which cost 159 million USD, was halted in January 2017 after almost three years. So far, neither traces of the flight nor reasons behind the accident have been uncovered.

Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad said that the search may be resumed if new evidence comes to light.–VNA