Malaysia Airlines flight in Kuala Lumpur (Source:VNA)
Kuala Lumpur (VNA) – Malaysia, Australia and China have planned to open a ministerial meeting in June to discuss whether to continue with the search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 which went missing two years ago.

Malaysia’s Deputy Transport Minister Abdul Aziz Kaprawi said the three sides will discuss the progress of the flight’s debris investigation and search efforts which have been led by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB).

The deputy minister said about 103,000 square kilometres of the 120,000-square-kilometre search area in the southern Indian Ocean, where the plane is suspected to have crashed, have been covered so far. 

The Malaysian government has also worked with Mozambique to handle the ill-fated flight’s debris which was found on the Southeast African country’s coast.

He added that Malaysian Airlines has completed compensation for families of 62 victims, while another 177 victims’ families have requested for indemnification in April.

Flight MH370 left Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for Beijing, China on March 8, 2014, carrying 239 passengers when it disappeared en route.

So far, the main body of the plane has not been found, and the fate of the 227 passengers and 12 crew members still remains unknown.-VNA