The Vios model led the saloon segment with 1,332 cars sold (Photo: VNA)

Hanoi (VNA) - Toyota Motor Vietnam Co., Ltd (TMV) sold 4,693 vehicles in March, up 25 percent against the same period last year and 98 percent from February, the company announced on April 7.

The northern and southern markets together captured the lion’s share of 87 percent of the total figure. The remaining 13 percent or 664 cars were consumed in the central region.

The Vios model led the saloon segment with 1,332 cars sold – an annual increase of 13 percent. Meanwhile, sales of the Camry model reached 440, up 313 units against the same period last year.
Innova and Fortuner also made great contribution to Toyota’s car sales in March with 1,180 and 928 units, up 52 percent and 8 percent, respectively.

Hilux remained its sales with 209 units, while the Yaris model was 204 units and Land Prado with 63 vehicles.

Toyota Motor Vietnam said the sales in the first quarter of this year reached 12,061, a year-on-year increase of 11 percent.-VNA