Hanoi (VNA) – Malaysia has suspended its search for the wreckage of the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 in the southern Indian Ocean due to poor weather conditions, Malaysian Transport Minister Loke Siew Fook said on April 3.
The search is expected to resume at the end of this year, he said.
Last month, Malaysia agreed to terms and conditions of an agreement with Ocean Infinity to resume the search for the plane in a new location estimated to cover about 5,790 square miles in the southern Indian Ocean.
The search is based on a “no find, no fee” principle, in which Ocean Infinity will receive 70 million USD only if the wreckage is successfully located.
In 2018, the company conducted a search for MH370 but failed to find it.
On March 8, 2014, the Boeing 777 MH370 carrying 239 people vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, turning into one of the world’s greatest aviation mysteries. Over the years, a series of multinational search operations have been launched, costing hundreds of millions of USD./.